Master planning for St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center with multiple commissions over the past 15 years.
Phase One - Approximate site cost of $750,000.
- Improvements support the new parking garage and medical office building in a congested urban setting with severe topographic limitations.
- Entry courtyard, retaining walls, streetscape improvements, plantings, and storm water management plan for the site plan approval from the City of Syracuse.
- Site improvements to support the new hospital lobby and pedestrian sky bridge linking the Medical Office Center to the hospital building.
- Prepared all documents necessary to obtain site plan approval including encroachment maps, storm water management study and agency approvals.
- The project included the development of temporary wayfinding signage due to a street closure, reconfiguration of the street alignment to create a new lobby drop-off and on-street parking plan.
- An existing deteriorated and inefficient surface parking lot was renovated to accommodate employees and create a separate visitor lot, new emergency drop-off, ambulance dock and simplify overall vehicular and pedestrian circulation.
- City storm water regulation required storm separation from the existing neighborhood combined sewer system and a significant subsurface storm water storage facility located under the parking lot.
- Site improvements included the use of brick pavers, site furniture, plantings, memorial gardens, sculpture locations and accent lighting.
- Phase One also included the College of Nursing Memorial Gardens and Wayfinding Signage, and was completed in 2008.
- Approximate site costs of $150,000.
- Prepared a Master Plan and contract documents for a memorial garden and outdoor public space for the College of Nursing.
- The garden focal element included the relocation of the St. Joseph statue, brick pavers, lighting, perennial plant beds, bench seating and streetscape improvements, the memorial garden offers a quiet respite for hospital visitors and staff.
- $100,000 approximate site construction costs for the development and implementation of four ground-base signs and related site improvements, which distinguish the hospital campus neighborhood.
Phase Two - Approximate site costs of $5.3 million for two major capital projects including Loading Dock Building, Emergency Services Building and site infrastructure improvements.
- Site work for new buildings, ambulance dock, parking, retaining walls, service docks and phasing coordination with Hospital's selected Construction Manager.
- Design Development drawings for site plan approval and construction documents for implementation.
- Contract Documents included innovative grading and drainage solutions on steep, heavily developed urban site.
- Development of a healing garden park for patients, visitors and staff.
- Provide new sidewalks, tree plantings and streetscape edge around the hospital campus to improve the neighborhood unification.
- LEED Silver documentation.
- Storm water management including rain garden facility and underground storm water detention, permeable pavement and native plantings.
- Prepared graphic presentation material for public relations.
- Emergency Services Building was completed in 2012; Phase Two in its entirety was completed in 2014.